Sunday, November 9, 2008

Welcome to Our Blog!!

Welcome to our blog!! I am finally giving in to the persuasions of many of you to start a blog. However, I have a good reason now.

John and I have had an adventurous week.... As many of you know we were expecting a little girl in mid-February. Well, last week my water broke at 25 weeks -- for what will probably always be unknown reasons. We went to the hospital to see what it was (there was also some cramping that may have been contractions). It could have been a couple of things, but it was amniotic fluid. So, they informed me I would not be going home until our little baby was born because of the now high risk of infection. They were able to stop the cramping/contractions, and I was on track for hanging out in the hospital for a few weeks -- growing my baby.

Well, Saturday at dinner time I started feeling like I was having gas pain -- since I had been filled with so many antibiotics to protect the baby. They tried relieving that, but the pain centralized and intensified -- and they determined it was contractions. They tried to stop it, but said there was not too much they could do to be good for the baby.

Longer story shorter, Abigail Merrill -- our Baby Abby -- joined our family Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 4:43 A.M. She weighed almost two pounds, but they don't measure her length yet as they try to keep her in positions similar to the womb. She is off to a good start in the NICU and being helped by a wonderful team of people. It will be a long, hard roller-coaster, but we feel confident in the people working with our little angel. Tonight I got to touch her some and help take her temperature. I look forward to holding her, but I know it will happen before I know it.

Most of this blog will be devoted to her updates. I will leave it "open" for now, and then make it "private" soon. If you don't think I have your e-mail address, please send it to me in a comment.

The Lord truly has blessed us, and we are so grateful to the many thoughts, prayers, and love and support from so many people. We know we couldn't do this without everyone. Thank You! Thank You!! Love, John and Kim

17 comments:

Leah said...

Kimmie! Congrats! I am glad that she is 2lbs...you will have great people in the NICU...I will be praying for you and your little girl....hugs! Welcome to the blogging world too...I wanna see pics!

Kristy said...

Kim - I've been thinking and worrying about you. I'm glad to hear that your little Abby is doing well for now. Please let me know if there's anything that I can do for you, or even if I can come and visit or hang out with you some time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Jamie Pearce said...

Wow! Kim congrats! Congrats! I had no idea that your little girl was born. I will keep you and your little girl in my prayers! I will keep checking the updates on the blog.

Audrey Henderson said...

Congratulations on your little bundle of JOY! I will be praying for you, John and Abby. Also, thank you for including me in your emails, I look forward to keeping up with you and your growing family!

Micaela said...

It's about time! :) Love that your blogging!! Still praying for you all. Can't wait to see baby Abby at home and babysit her! :) Love ya

Caralee said...

Oh Kim I am so glad that Abby is here safely. I guess she was just too anxious to get here and be with you guys. Can't wait to meet and see her.

Jenni said...

KIM!!! What a week! Holy cow, well...I just pray that your miracles continue and that Abby's health improves steadily. You and your family have a lot of faith and that is so admirable. I'm glad you have a blog so we can check in on you frequently!

Tasha said...

OH MY oh my Kim. What news you have indeed! Congratulations! How did you set up your blog that quick while in the hospital? It will be fun to keep up with you on your blog. I miss my friends. Welcome to blogging and motherhood! You're gonna love both! We'll be praying for you and your little Abby. What a miracle.

Carl and Starla said...

Your little Abbey will be in our prayers. Wow! Congrats. I'm glad that you now have a blog.

Terina said...

Kim you guys have been in our thoughts and prayers since we heard at church! We will contineu praying for you! I'm so glad you have a blog so we can all get updates about Abby! Please let me know if you need ANYTHING!!!

Natalie & Randy Brooks said...

Congratulations! I was excited to hear what you've been up to but was surprised to hear that Abby had decided to come early. Sometimes they just have there own little plans! I hope your doing good, I know it's probably a lot to take in but enjoy your new little angel and we'll keep your family in our prayers.

Amber Waters said...

Kim- Your family will continue to be in our prayers. Please let me know if you need anything even if it is to just talk i am here for you! Welcome to Blogging ( i am a newbe to.)

Tanya Leigh said...

Oh, Kim! Take care, sister. I'm so happy to hear things are going as well as possible right now. You're in our prayers. Please don't hesitate to call whenever you need anything - girl time, anything. Love & Hugs.

kristen said...

Congrats Kim. Glad to hear eveyone is doing good. Please add me to you list for when you go private. krisshum@gmail.com

3in3mom said...

You are sure in our prayers! We love you guys and hope all the best for you and little Abby. Please add us to your list when you go private. chalice@leamansoftware.com

the Leamans

Katie said...

Congrats! Abby is so beautiful! I will be praying for everyone! Let mw know what I can do!

KaraLyn said...

Hi Kim! My family has been telling me about you and you sweet little girl and my mom just sent me the link to your blog, so I took a peek. Your baby is so precious and sounds like she is thriving... I know she will thrive because of the love you and your hubby are showing her! I wish you guys the best and enjoy that sweet little girl!