Sunday, March 15, 2009

18 Weeks and Counting...

Hello everyone!! We don't have much to report from our neck of the woods. Today marks one month for Abigail being at home. It's crazy to think that it has already been one month. Miss Abigail just keeps getting bigger and bigger. On Thursday she weighed 8lbs 13oz. Wow!! She has pretty much gained seven pounds since birth.

We have done a little venturing out this week, but I am still reluctant to do so. Plus, it seems that she has a rough time when she is super tired and/or over-stimulated. So, I need to be careful with that, too.

I just keep counting my blessings.... Sometimes it is hard being limited in what we can do so that we protect Abigail. I have gotten a little stir-crazy at times, but my sweet husband is doing a great job helping to keep me sane. Sometimes we just go for drives -- and Abigail seems to really like them.... I am just so grateful to have her in our family and here with us today. She is such a special little girl. I just keep loving her more and more.


Bath Time for Baby


We haven't blessed her yet, but I was trying on the dress I want to use when we do. It is the one my mom made for me to wear. Here are a couple of pictures of me back then. The face Abigail is making as she models the dress doesn't really show how much she looks like me when she makes certain faces. It is still crazy to me when I see myself (from my baby pictures) in her faces.

7 comments:

Kristy said...

I really can't believe that she's been home for a whole month! She just continues to amaze me! She is finally the same size Melanie was when she was born, and she'll need few more ounces to catch up to Spencer's birth weight. Can you imagine giving birth to her now that she's grown so much? I can never figure out how they can be so big and still fit inside of you. Actually, I try not to think about it too much. ;)

Lori said...

Oh Kim when I saw the pictures of you and your parents I had such a huge flashback . . . your little one is a cookie cutter of you when you were a baby. Especially when she shows her serious side. I'm so glad she's doing so well. She is just so dang cute!

3in3mom said...

Wow, has it really been a month. I bet you ARE going stir crazy. I remember you saying she can't go outside for walks--that would be hard. Hang in there. She'll get stronger and stronger. How fun!

The pics of you and your parents are adorable!

Susan said...

She is such a beauty. I remember those early weeks, and ya we would just drive too. Its amazing how excited you can get to just sit in the car and maybe stop somewhere for ice cream. Those are hard days but I dont take them back at all. Its all part of the wonderful process of being a mom. Lucky the weather is turning and colds are going away so you might be able to take her out more. I'm headed back to Wilson tomorrow, I would stop to see you but I have a cold and I dont want Abby to even maybe get it. I guess another time--- again!!!!

Stephen and Erin said...

She's been home for a month already?! Holy cow! I love the bath time pictures and how you kept her so modest with a towel! She looks so much like you when you were a baby and the dress is so dang cute!!

Tanya Leigh said...

How funny. I totally didn't even compare her to my kids' birth weights until Kristy said that. How funny! Sure puts it in perspective. (Ry was 8.14 lbs when he was born) She is SOOO amazing!

And, I can TOTALLY see the resemblance! How fun! :)

Steph B. said...

Wow! Time has really flown by! Abby is looking so healthy from your pics! She is a real cutie!