Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

We have been having more great times with our Little Abigail. We were pleasantly surprised (and I got a little teary eyed) when we found out that Abby was graduating from CPAP to high flow oxygen. It is giving her oxygen and pressure, but much less pressure than the CPAP. They had told us they would try it for Christmas, but a day earlier was even better. So far she is doing pretty good - it is more effort on her part.

Abigail is now weighing in at 3 lbs 6 oz. Her head circumference is about 9.8 inches and her length is about 15.3 inches (almost two inches longer than birth). She is still having her reflux issues and some struggling with levels (heart rate, oxygen, etc...) since she continues to do more and more on her own, but she is still doing a great job! She is doing better at recovering on her own from her little "moments".

I have to admit that I have been very up and down the last couple of days. This is not quite how I pictured my "Baby's First Christmas". I am so grateful for John and how amazing he has been through all of this. I know that I lean on him a lot. It is so cute to watch him with Abby and trying to be so attentive to her needs and communicating with the doctors and nurses.... Despite some emotional moments, it has still been a great Christmas. John and I have just enjoyed being together and spending time with Abby.


Hope you all had a Very Merry Christmas!!


Abby's Christmas outfit. It says "Mom and Dad's Best Gift Ever"

I love being able to see her face all the time, instead of just once in awhile.





Isn't she just so stinking cute?

"I don't want to get up yet!"

"...The children were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of sugar plums danced in their heads..." (love the poem "Twas the Night Before Christmas")

MODELING HER DIFFERENT CHRISTMAS OUTFITS FOR THIS WEEK:




1 comment:

Katie said...

Hey Kim, I love the green bow in her hair, it is so cute! I am so happy that she can wear them again!
So, I was thinking that I need a distraction, I was thinking food and a movie! Think about a good time and I will give you a call.