Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Three Weeks Old to Abby!!



I think she is getting bigger, but it could be that her legs are out, and last week they were not.



Playing "Peek-a-boo" -- Probably just trying to get away from the light or telling us to leave her alone.





It's hard to believe, but yet it isn't.... When I look forward, I wonder how much longer? When I look back, I wonder how things go by so fast? (Every now and then they switch.).... Abby pulled her ventilator tube out again on Saturday night/Sunday morning. They put it back in, but think they will leave it out if she does it again. We told her not to do it when we left Saturday night, but somehow she got a hold of that tube -- tried to leave her bundled so she couldn't. (That's two times now.) They had said they would probably leave it out this time, but I am guessing they felt she wasn't ready. The blood transfusion and infection seemed to have wore her out, and I think they are just trying to build her strength back up and let her grow a little bit more.

Her infection seems to be going away, and she continues to usually be her active self. She is still gaining weight -- pushing 2 1/2 pounds. John and I think she is getting bigger, but we have not asked if her measurements show her getting longer.

9 comments:

Micaela said...

She does look bigger and look at those sweet eyes!

Shelly said...

what a sweet little baby! I love looking at her kim she is so cute! I am glad she is doing so well you guys are awesome.

Shelly said...

what a sweet little baby! I love looking at her kim she is so cute! I am glad she is doing so well you guys are awesome.

Shelbi Whittaker said...

Kim, I dont know if you remember me or not, but we went to Mesa High together. Kira told me about you and your baby. I am so sorry!! But Im glad that she is doing well. I also had a preemie, she was born at 32 weeks but stoped growing at 28 weeks, so she was 2 1/2 lbs. Its a scary thing!! I also had 4 miscarriages, so when my little baby was born it was such a miracle and a BLESSING that she did so well. I am 29 weeks pregnant right now and due in mid feb. with my 3rd girl. I am hoping that everything will go well but they think I will have her pretty early again. What hospital is your baby at?? Me and my hubby will keep you and your sweet baby in our prayers!!! Good luck to you!!!
Shelbi Whittaker (Hall)

Cheryl said...

She looks beautiful. So glad to hear you are doing so well. Abby is amazing. Thanks for sharing all the adorable pictures!

Liz O. said...

Yay Abby! Three weeks!

She looks great - really alert, and so cute. I like the picture with her hand over her face. It's like, "Come on guys, I'm trying to get some sleep here." :)

Marilee said...

AHhh I miss her already!!! She is looking so cute!! Give her my love, and tell her i will be back to sing to her!!

Luann said...

Wow Kim, what a little fighter. Your mom ran into mine at Banner Gateway and shared your blog address. I pray she keeps growing big and strong so you can bring her home.

The Pages said...

Did she get NEC? :( I hope not! thats def not fun! Ryder pulled his vent tube out 4 hours after birth. He only had it on while he had NEC. So a total of five days...so
I'm sure she'd do fine w/out. She'll just hate the CPAP on her nose! Ryder's nose has scars from that dumb, yet lifesaving thing. Time will fly by so quickly. In fact you'll want her home but be scared to take her home cuz youre so used to the wonderful NICU. Oh kim you should just call me... I could type forever! you are in our prayers. love ya! kira