Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Abigail is weighing in at 4 lbs 8.3 oz now. She is able to drink from the bottle whenever she shows "cues" - as compared to more limitations before. I know she was able to drink at least two full feedings yesterday. They also reduced her oxygen to the setting it will be when she comes home - because they think she will come home on oxygen.

We had some quality "play time" yesterday.... She was awake for almost an hour - even with the bottle feeding. We even sent a little video clip, via cell phone, to show daddy our fun.

The doctor said we were doing everything we could be, and we are basically just waiting for Abby to get a little stronger. She does a great job eating, but needs more strength to do it more often. They are also trying to ween her from some of her medications.

6 comments:

Shelly said...

that is so wonderful Kim that she will be coming home soon YEAH! She is such a fighter!! and the cutest little thing she has such cute chubby little cheeks! I love her clothes you dress her well. Were so happy for your family your in are thoughts and prayers.

Liz O. said...

Wow! She's growing so fast! It sounds like she's going to be going home really soon. I'm so excited for you guys.

Tanya Leigh said...

miracles never cease over there. I have good news, your Peek-a-Boo cloth is DONE! Let me know when I can get it to you :) Gooooo ABBY!

Love & Prayers.

Tasha said...

It is so exciting to see how well she is doing. I hope she gets to go home soon. The nursery looks awesome.

Liz Farnsworth said...

She is so cute!

amyd said...

Great picture Kim. I can believe how fast she is growing. I am happy to hear she is taking the bottle. From 5 oz. to a whole bottle, way to go Abby! I will try to pop in on Tues. with some snacks after my AR training. As always you and your beautiful family are in my prayers. Amy