Friday, March 27, 2009

I Did It!!

Most of you reading will probably laugh, but I was able to leave Abigail with a babysitter (AKA-Grandma Merrill) for the first time tonight.... Something about leaving my daughter for fourteen weeks has made it hard to leave her with anyone.

We did not do anything really exciting, but I am working on baby steps.... We went to Costco and then to Paradise Bakery for cookies and hot chocolate.... The grandmas have been very ready and willing, but I just have not been ready yet. I felt a little emotional as we got into the car, but it really went better than I expected.... Thanks to my patient husband who has offered many times already to take me out, and to Abigail's wonderful grandparents who have offered to watch her. And - thanks to friends who are good at getting me to do things that I need extra encouragement with....

2 comments:

Kristy said...

You're too funny! I'm so proud of you for finally going out! It will certainly get easier though.

Shelly said...

The first time is always the hardest I am sure every mother can relate. Good for you! I love your blog Abby is such an adorable child.